Saturday 15 January 2011

West Bromwich Albion 3 - 2 Blackpool

The Hawthorns, just before possibly the most open game of the season!


A fantastic game at the Hawthorns, probably the best game I have seen in the Premier League this year, and it could have finished 5-5. WBA will be disappointed that they didn't kill the game off in the second half with all the chances they created but will be pleased with the resilience they showed to go on to win after being pegged back to 2-2.

I spent most of the first half commenting to my associate 'JUNIOR' that I didn't think Odemwingie looked interested or fit and yet he ended the game the hero after scoring twice. I don't think he had a particularly good game and I don't think he provides WBA with the spearhead that they sometimes need, but he took how two chances very well.



Peter Odemwingie - Too quick for the Blackpool defence and too quick for the IPWYMTS camera!!


The real hero today was Youseff Mulumbu. In the first half his drive and desire kept the team together and throughout the game he made sure Charlie Adam could not completely run the game.

WBA still look suspect at the back, something that I hope will be rectified by the return of Jonas Olsson from injury and suspension next week, but you cannot have the worst defence in the league and be successful.

But the positives;

3 points

2 goals and renewed confidence from Odemwingie

Positive performances from Dorrans and Thomas

Jump to 14th in the league!!

IPWYMTS....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment